As we all probably know, store-bought hand sanitizers contain many chemicals and unnecessary nasties, which is not that great for the environment or your hands, as those chemicals tend to dry them.
This is a recipe we found that can help kill bacteria, and save you time and money, since this hand sanitizer recipe makes a large amount or sanitizer.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Aloe Vera concentrate or gel
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil- It helps soften your hands, and will preserve your hand sanitizer for longer
- 15 drops tea tree oil- It has antibacterial properties, and it’s a great disinfectant. You can find it in the Body Shop or your local pharmacy
- 20 drops essential oil (lemongrass, orange, lavender and peppermint are good choices)
- 1 cup water
This is the recipe for a 500 ml (16 oz) bottle of sanitizer. If you’d like to make smaller portions with different scents, here’s the ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- 10 drops essential oil
- slightly less than a cup of cool water
Now, all you have to do is mix all the ingredients together, and, BOOM! There you have it! All natural, eco-friendly hand sanitizer!
Photo by Crafty Allie